Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Omens of travel

Well the trip got off to a troubled start, the people running the riding school I'll be staying at went dark. Zero contact. The last time I heard from them was a few days ago when I let them know my flight times and then nothing...

Due to this I spent most of the morning researching how to get from the airport to my destination while trying to work out the phrasing in Spanish for 'oh gosh, I'm rather lost' or 'please give me a lift to the horsey place, I have limited funds but can pay my way with style advice and quips'

On the bus to the airport I was feeling a touch nervous about the prospect of arriving in Spain and having to live for a week only on the funds I had with me - about enough for a fairly big night out London.

And then I noticed a girl. Now I could be wrong, and I'm almost entirely sure that she is in L.A. Filming but Dawn Porter - or her at least her London twin - was on the bus with me.

A minute after the riding school phoned, they will be at the airport. I think Dawn, or at least her stunt double will be my new sign of good fortune.

Oh and these posts may be a bit iffy, I'm doing them from my phone.

2 comments:

Clair said...

I once spent a week in Spain on £50, so I'm sure you'll be OK -just think: 'What would Indiana Jones do?'.

DJ Kirkby said...

Aha! I geddit now...