Friday, April 25, 2008

The dress code for hot tubs


I've not gone to many parties where there a hot tub is part of the entertainments. I've been to parties where a hot tub has ended up as part of the fun but not one where taking a bath with relative strangers is planned from the onset.

This presents some problems. I've got some excellent pants for wearing when you someone may just happen to see them (say when you arrive somewhere and end up going for an unplanned trip into the pool) but I don't really have the swimwear for hot tubs.

I've got a few pairs beach shorts from my time in Miami and some swimming trunks for when I'm going to the pool for a few laps (something I should do more often) but no swimwear for lounging around in an urban environment.

Should one go to the party wearing the swimming shorts? Or change when the hot tub moment arrives? This is the bit that is throwing me. It's a bit like planning a food fight, shouldn't a hot tub be something that happens off the cuff?

Oh well when faced with issues like this there is only one thing a chap can do. Employ the stiff upper lip and jolly well have another cocktail. It's what Winston Churchill would have done.

2 comments:

Jolly said...

The answer to your dilemma is obvious - wear the Spiderman suit.

TitansFan said...

Or instead go withe AquaMan Suit! I just got a new Hot Tub and I found that the swim trunks work the best. They are not too tight or loose and they are still comfortable.