Saturday, April 26, 2008

Lovely boots and Mr Lyttleton


Today I picked up new boots. It was a lovely day so I ambled over to the big bike shop in Vauxhall to have a look at Triumphs and drool. After a bit I realised that if I didn't leave right away I would do something very bad involving my credit cards. So scampered off and I went onto my favourite bike accessories shop to pick up my boots. My very armoured boots.

Piqued says you shouldn't try and cut corners when it comes to your helmet (stop sniggering) or your boots so I ended up getting some pretty flashy shoes with all sort of armour plating and things. I've not been so pleased with an item of footwear since I was about eight years old and I managed to persuade my mother to buy me some shoes that left footprints that looked like a dinosaur. These new boots should last me a while and it's been really enjoyable slowly building up my biker gear piece by piece with lots of careful thought. I could wait and do it all in one go but where would be the fun in that?

It was a jolly pleasant stroll through town with the sun shining and even the football fans chanting outside the pubs and shouting at people as they walked by couldn't spoil the mood. I listened to a few old editions of I'm sorry I haven't a clue on my Mp3 player while I walked around as per usual.

I heard about the sad demise of Mr Lyttleton when I was walking back from the party. I hope that it wasn't a painful death and that he realised how much joy and pleasure he brought to so many people with his naughty quips.

7 comments:

DJ Kirkby said...

Those boots are very butch...

Gorilla Bananas said...

They're the sort of boots that would suit a Klingon warrior.

Louche said...

DJ - They are rather smashing aren't they?

Gorilla - I always thought that the Klingons really should have been charging around on spacebikes instead of spaceships.

piqued said...

Dig those boots old chap

The Topiary Cow said...

Cow is frightened of these boots.

Yet, strangely attracted.

Moo!

Louche said...

Piqued - Glad you approve.

T.T.C. - Heh, I hadn't thought of the effect they would have on the (bovine) ladies. Ding Dong.

The Topiary Cow said...

Not to mention the tantalizing glimpse of wicker.

Moo-worthy indeed.

Moo!