Thursday, April 17, 2008

In bed with a beagle

Well I've made it to Thursday, my plan of distraction seems to have worked.

Yesterday's activities to keep me busy mostly revolved around restaurant reviews. It was a pleasant way to spend the day, but involved a lot of time on public transport travelling between the places so I spent all of that thinking about how if I had a motorbike I'd be there now.

In the evening I went to a supper party and wine tasting. It was brilliant, lots of people laughing and the table was awash with conversations rather than just one person holding court. No one cried in the loos but that doesn't mean it wasn't a good party. Even more surprising, I appear to be starting to get some wine knowledge. All that time spent in my favourite wine shop is starting to pay off. Of course, I'm terrible with reds still, but I'm getting there with the whites.

I ended up crashing in the hostesses spare room - otherwise the curfew would have caused me to leave as things were getting good - and I've been joined by her beagle who is currently snoring loudly.

Bless.

No comments: