Friday, April 04, 2008

My local Mokka pot

The hills are covered in mist, my legs are covered in scratches. It's chilly but I'm sure things will warm up soon - the sun is already chasing the mist away.

I am making coffee on a gas stove powered by a canister. Almost everything has to be brought up to the farm, it isn't connected to a grid or anything like that. There is a spring for water and solar panels provide a enough electricity to power the lights in the evenings, and charge laptops. We don't have a T.V. Or a radio so I've been treating myself to a Radio 4 Podcast every evening before I go to sleep

Washing my hair in a spring has made it go a bit mad. If I get caught in the rain I get ringlets but my hair is now like the hair of an Edwardian Doll. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not. Ah well, it's nothing that can't be fixed by a strong coffee.

The horses have completely accepted me now, and I even got one to chuckle with pleasure as I rubbed it's neck. If only girls were this easy to please.

3 comments:

DJ Kirkby said...

Hair sounds cute though am not sure if cute is a desirable description or not. My dad still makes his coffee in a pot like that.

amusing said...

Though I'm sure you were intending to drink the coffee, do consider pouring it in the hair. Perhaps it will solve the dolly dilemma and you may start a new beauty fad.

By the way, who says females are not that easy to please? I am regularly baffled as to why, when I clearly state "go for my neck and you will make me weak in the knees," the neck is immediately forgotten in favor of other parts. Silly men.

Louche said...

DJ - it was a little shocking but the coffee helps.

Amusing - I've been inspired by your comments so I'm going to see if horse whispering will work on female humans as well as horses. I'll let you know how it goes.