Monday, April 21, 2008

Foiled by feet


As I was feeling a bit blue I decided to do some shopping. Not just any sort of shopping, oh no. Shopping for bike paraphernalia. The next on my hit list were some stout boots. After a chat with Piqued about the sort of boots I should get and the minimum I should spend I set off to the bike gear shop. The proper bike shop, not one of the silly scooter places.

This is normally a pleasant enough amble through the streets of Putney, Fulham then Chelsea but as I appear to have a mild case of man flu it wasn't as agreeable as I had hoped. By the time I arrived I was in a bit of a state so I had to pause for a while on a nearby bench to catch my breath. Going for a walk didn't seems so wise.

Once inside the shop I got down to the business of buying serious footwear. The nice chap in the shop with the beard soon worked out the sort of boots I needed and I asked to try a pair on. Sadly this wasn't possible because my joke-sized feet were outside the sizing range they have in the shop. So I have had to order a pair in which isn't nearly as healing but they will arrive on Thursday so it's not too bad and I suppose that is another part of my biking uniform sorted.

Now I'm just going to retire to my bedroom with my mild temperature and try not to die of man flu.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, but surely you can find solace in that old adage about how the size of a man's feet correlates to the size of his

Louche said...

BB - *blush*