Sunday, April 20, 2008

Lobsters and wine, oh my!

A few months ago I started Operation New Life, a co-ordinated effort to start out a fresh. To be reborn a fresh, or at least get back on track with my mission of foppish japes and dandy-style capers. Free from the smothering weight of a relationship I once more started saying yes to invites and adventures and trusting Life, and London to be an entertaining diversion.

Which is a slightly wordy way of saying that Operation New Life is coming on rather well, to the point where I don't believe the sort of nonsense I get up to. This weekend I've been swanning around members clubs of the literary set (The Woo's favourite person even appeared in smashing celvet suit), going to glamorous parties populated by a plethora of pretty girls in hot pants and reviewing amazing resturants with Balkarn Bombshells and Lithuanian Sexperts.

It's all jolly good fun, although I'm not sure people really should be asking my opinion of the best wine to go with the lobster.

6 comments:

Gorilla Bananas said...

Pretty girls in hot pants? You can't have too many of those! Do you ever get frustrated about not being able to see the face attached to a pert bottom (and vice versa)?

Louche said...

Well that can be cured if they give you a cheeky over the shoulder wink while walking away.

But yes, it is an issue.

Clair said...

Only one of many favourite people, my dear...! *raises eyebrow, Roger Moore styleee*

Anonymous said...

Oh, here's to Starting Over/ Reinvention/ Rediscovery /whatever you want to call it.

I'm thrilled it's going to well.

Mine is doing fine, but it's much more homebound. I used to have access to yours (well, not hotpants, and replace velvet with seersucker in February), but for now, I'll live vicariously.

Bravo, sir!

Carry on!

Louche said...

BB - I'm sorry to hear your life doesn't have enough velvet in it. Perhaps we should arrange some sort of aid package.

Anonymous said...

Well, I have a velvet jacket.

I wore it on a date in December and it turned out he took me to a sandwich shop that stays open late....

It was our fourth date and still there was no more than a peck on the lips at the end.

So I'm not sure more velvet will help things. Perhaps a box o' martinis. Or some nice men to go out with? Or even hilarious gal pals to go out with. (That way I won't consume the whole box o' martinis at home alone...)

Cheers

Daisy