Saturday, April 05, 2008

The end to a macho day

Today was a day of rugged man type things. I did the following.

Got two stones out of a horse's hooves using the special tool designed for this task.

Rubbed the new born foal down, to get it's circulation going. Incidentally the little chap is experiencing his first night, how mad must that be? The world going dark and not knowing why.

Foraged in the woods for wild veg, I won't say which one I foraged because it makes it less manly sounding. So let's pretend it was some form of deadly potato or man-eating turnip.

Fixed some fences, electric ones. The horses have been mashing them up because they can. They even test if the fence is working with their whiskers which is a bit alarming to watch.

Rode bareback, with my eyes closed and with my hands on my head at a walk, a trot and a canter. This is so I learn to balance from my centre and don't come to need such wimpy things a a saddle, or reigns.

Used my new found horse linguistic skills to get a horse to ask me to be it's leader. Then it followed me around.

Ate about a kilo of cured ham, if you tasted it you'd understand why.

Fixed an engine, okay so I just cleaned a filthly spark plug and cleared an air filter on my jeans, but it still counts.

Now it's time for some macho sleep, it's been a long manly day.

5 comments:

Clair said...

I think you're going feral. When you get to Barcelona, it'll be like Tarzan In The City.

Amanda Castleman said...

Louche, you're gonna grow so much chest hair that Spidey costume won't fit: careful now!

Anonymous said...

whispers (it's called a hoof pick)

DJ Kirkby said...

I want to do all these things too. but in a girly sort of way.

Louche said...

Clair - Yes I am turning feral. I've grown a beard and everything.

Amanda - It is a danger but I do live life on the edge.

Bigbouquet - Heh, thanks. I was wondering what the proper name was.

DJ - You should go, it was a lovely adventure.