Monday, April 07, 2008

It's time to mosy on

I'm spending my final day with the horses. Sadly it's not going to involve much riding because I appear to have bruised my ribs and so jiggling around on a horse isn't a good idea. It's not that painful unless I sneeze, laugh or breathe.

Lugging heavy luggage around probably isn't a good idea either.

The horse pictured is the ever delightful Ebano. He is a lovely gelding who is far beyond my riding ability, not that he is a tricky ride. More that he is amazing at picking up commands from even the slightest movements. He has a very sweet, slightly cheeky character and he laughs with pleasure when I scratch the base of his mane.

I like that horse.

4 comments:

Tea said...

Oh dear! Hope your bruises and bangs heal up for you. It`s not fun falling off a horse. My very first horse was a small red ex chariot racer and whenever we neared the barn I`d have to jump off his back or be decapitated in his race to get inside. I once was thrown off a pony as a child, head first into a pool of silage juice....the sludge left from the contents of a silo, used for pig feed. And then I had a huge and solid black ex-barrel jumper/racer. A very tough mouth on him and he ran like the wind...through the woods... could get tricky.
I`m enjoying your adventures.

tea
xo

Louche said...

Tea - I got straight back on him after I fell off as I think that's important. I can't wait to go back.

Anonymous said...

Hmm. And I bruised my ribs drinking too much in Greece. I'd much have preferred it being something related to a horse. (The horse sent me to the hospital for stitches, where the EMTs already had their hands full with a woman who was so very, very fat that she didn't realize she'd been pregnant and had the baby in her pants.... Cross my heart, I swear it's true. I sat in a chair while a drunk homeless man hooked up to an IV tried to make small talk with me.... Ah, the good old days in NYC....

Then there was that other time I was sitting backward on a pony having a chat with some hunters and the pony decided it was time for a gallop, but neglected to inform me before he took off...

And then the time...

Louche said...

BigBouquet - What were you doing sitting backwards on a horse? And how do you damage your ribs while drinking?