Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Spring and Jools Holland


Spring seems to have arrived, it's a tricky season to dress for as while the day may be pleasantly warm when the evening arrives it will be jolly chilly. So if you are going to go for an afternoon picnic you need to be careful. I've been caught out a couple of times wearing a light summer jacket when it's still cold in the evenings and I was forced to stop in every pub on the way home for a drink just to keep my body temperature up.

Yesterday I went to a restaurant with a friend to review it, I ambled into Knightsbridge to meet up with her and go to a little place tucked away on Beauchamp Place. The last time I was at this restaurant I was on a date with an adult actress we had been shopping in the area and ducked inside to avoid the rain. The restaurant was as good as I remembered, it's tiny and pleasantly strange.

About half the items on the menu have the name of a celebrity next to them to let you know which screen idol liked that pizza the best. We didn't recognise a few of the names but a swift check on the Internet revealed that one was a drummer in the Who (for a bit) and another was an actress.

After we ate I ambled home and fell fast asleep. I'm trying to keep myself busy as on Thursday I get some BIG NEWS (hopefully) and can't let myself think about too much. It's like a special sort of Christmas and I have to stop myself from looking out of windows and thinking about it.

Luckily the Woo is taking me along to a recording of Jools Holland's show so that should be a good distraction and tomorrow I've got a wine tasting, so the next couple of days should be just about bearable. Just.

1 comment:

DJ Kirkby said...

I'll give you till Friday to spill the news or else I'll...shit, no idea what I could do to make you divulge...good luck with whatever it is!