Wednesday, April 02, 2008

A hard days, erm writin'

My first full day in Spain has ended well, I have impressed the natives with my grasp of the internet and I've also taught the son of the couple I'm staying with the biscuit dance. This skill will serve him well in year to come, I know it's helped me in many a tight spot.

The horse contact today has been minimal, Although one did eat a bit of my hair. I've been welded to my laptop working away on my real life job but tomorrow I hand everything in and the riding can begin.

Apparently I'll start on bare back riding tomorrow (stop sniggering) as it's important to unlearn what I already know. This all sounds a bit like Jedi training to me and there are a suspicious amount of rocks around so I imagine I'll be stacking them as part of my training.

Oh and I've been advised to make sure I close the shutters at night because there is a bat that thinks it's sharing my room with me. That must be what the gun is for.

3 comments:

DJ Kirkby said...

Lol! Brilliant. You need to compile all these posts into the makings of a book when you return.

Gorilla Bananas said...

I hope you have some ointment for your bottom.

Tea said...

Pistols and guest towels...what an interesting combination! Good luck riding bare-back. I used to do that with my old horse from time to time. Nothing quite like it, although you may not want to gallop hehe

tea
xo