Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Beer and the wrong clothes.

The show was very good. Portishead were hauntingly strange as every and I think I may have now become a fan of The Last Shadow Puppets.

We went in a bit late because we were waiting for our friend to show us where to go. When we arrived at the studio we were plonked by her right in the middle of the audence at the front. Much to the annoyance of the people who had battled to stand there.

Our stay lasted about 30 seconds and then I was sent to the back for wearing a bit of white. This didn't trouble me as I didn't reallly want to be stuck at the front having to look interested just in case a camera swept by. So back we went like naughty school kids.

A few moments later our chum appeared and asked why we had been sent to the back and to bring us booze. She zoomed off again with a busy look on her face to find out what was going on while we drank beer.

When she reappeared we were ushered to some lovely chairs and given even more booze, it was brilliant. The rest of the show passed while we swiftly drank, at one point we had more than we could drink so we palmed a few pints off to a guitarist in one of the bands who was wearing a velvet suit. I felt like a dealer, albeit one in luke warm lager.

Once the show was done we scampered up to the sixth floor and drank more while eating crisps (which I now think is the king of party food) and talking to strangers. It was a lovely evening and I almost didn't think about the news I'm waiting for.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there peer ranking within your idea of crisps as the king of party foods? Do prawn-flavored bow to bacon n' cheese? Would salt & vinegar have anything to say to BBQ?

And I suppose you've noticed that Wednesday happens to be the day before Thursday? Will you keel over if they don't meet their deadline for distributing news?

Louche said...

I vote for anything not too spicy, especially if people are going to be having close conversations with each other.

Don't get me started on news. At this rate I'll be on valium before the week is out.