Saturday, April 12, 2008

Name a scary thing


If I were to ask you to list somethings that scare you, I'd imagine that sooner or later needles would be mentioned. While they don't inspire absolute terror in everyone they do tend to make people a little nervous, like clowns I suppose.

Anyway I was poodling around in the kitchen making some supper when I spotted an bottle of gin. 'Oh how lovely,' you might have said if you were the sort that speaks out loud to yourself. Then you would be given pause before you reached for the pretty dark green bottle.

Why you may ask? Not because it's empty. Oh no, because it's full of needles. It's positively brimming with hypodermic syringes. My flatmate hasn't taken up smack as a hobby, she has them about because one of her new beauty thingies to tan her skin involves injections. I can't decide if this is better or worse than smack. It's jolly alarming either way.

Maybe I'll pass on the martini tonight.

6 comments:

Amanda Castleman said...

And I thought a stinger was brandy and creme de menthe all this time...

Louche said...

If you think that photograph is bad, you should see the freezer compartment.

DJ Kirkby said...

Injections to add tan to yoru skin? Scary, scary, scary... a tan can not be that important, can it?

Louche said...

DJ - Wouldn't have thought so but then I'm a chap so who knows.

Roszs said...

Urgh! What's she doing? Injecting herself with gravy browning or summat?

Kim said...

I am never coming to your house.
Still, not as bad as the eight months we had my housemate's placenta in a biohazard bag in the freezer.