Friday, May 26, 2006

The Pub and Vivian

First off I would like to apologise for the slightly wonky English in the last post, I had been drinking champagne all afternoon.

After that post we (work people) all charged into our local for a traditional Friday drink, well a bit more than that as it was someone's birthday and also the final day of our work experience girl, Vivian.

Vivian spotted from day 1 that my intentions towards A were slightly more complicated than just a work friendship, and instantly grilled me on it. She is a straight talking woman and very amusing.

Anyway as she was leaving, she used the pub time to grill me further, but also to grill A. Female friends are so fabulous sometimes.

As she switched between the two of us having 'private chats' she got more enthused. Apparently she had a bet on with someone else in the office about how long it would be until A and I were an item. Currently she puts it at 1 week. This is after having a pretty frank conversation with A.

Oh but the evening doesn't end there, A and I had a chat. Probably a repetition of the chat we had the Friday before but this time I remember it. She said I would be easier to work with if I was some un-attractive really old man. Some other things were talked about too, it appears the attraction is very much mutual.

The rest of the evening was spent laughing with the girls about silly things and I'm not sure exactly how it happened, but A and I started holding hands under the table.

As we left to go our separate ways the subject of kissing came up again. I said I wasn't going to try and kiss her and she asked why. To which I replied

'I don't want to be drunk when we first kiss'

She approved.

Next week is going to be very interesting.

3 comments:

Kopaylopa said...

You are creating quite the buildup... better get some practice in or something.....

-K

moi said...

ooooooo its so exciting...

Are you worrying about what underwear you should wear yet?

Louche said...

Due to the amount of effort and care that went into this I think I owe it to us all to get some new ones just for this occasion.