Monday, May 29, 2006

Monday

Monday was lovely, I went and did some shopping at the nearby temple to capitialism so I have some food in the flat. I splashed out on a hunk of lamb so my flatmate and I could have a big meal to mark the historic occasion of moving in. It turns out he is a bit of a would-be chef too so a bit of good natured competitive cooking is going on between us so we should eat very well.

I also met up with my old friend Mac who I rather got out of touch with because we were opposite sides of London. Now we are far, far closer we will met up for coffee a lot more. It's nice to live close to an old friend again.

The afternoon was spent cooking the feast for us while watching Zulu and then I went for a bike ride to Hampstead Heath. I had no idea the Heath was so high up. It was really enjoyable exploring little winding lanes of Hampstead on my bike, I was even lucky enough to do it while the weather was good.

I love a good bike ride, there is nothing like it for lifting my mood so when I returned to the flat I was buzzing with good humour. I spent the rest of the afternoon reading and napping, it was lovely.

Then of course I got the call from A.

Mondays are marvellous.

No comments: