Friday, May 12, 2006

Cocktails and Canapés

I say, what a strange couple of days I have had.

A's birthday was entertaining, the pace was some-what slower as we were both rather frazzled from the night before. I got to meet her band-members properly which was fun, they are very good chaps and we drank Strawberry Daiquiris and talked nonsense. I left at about midnight so that actually counts as an early night.

Last night was the opening night of an awfully jolly burlesque bar. A went as my plus one (or hot date as she put it). The shows were very enjoyable and the cocktails were good. A was dressed in black, I was wearing a white linen suit with a yellow cravat. I was given a fan by a chap in a wig and then spent the rest of the evening playing with that. Fans are excellent, you can be brilliantly expressive with them and they by far and away the most graceful way of cooling down.

I feel decidedly unusual now after being on the party circuit for the last few days, I need some time away from cocktails and canapés

2 comments:

Kopaylopa said...

"time away from cocktails and canapés"

Is there any such time or place? Surely not!

-K

Louche said...

As much as I care for them I think we need some time apart.