Friday, May 30, 2008

Things to ponder


The suit was a roaring success and I don't think I've ever been so complimented by men before in my life. The girl seemed to approve of it too, and I think the fact that I was wearing it with trainers made me look faintly Doctor Who rather than just trampy.

Our first port of call was her local bar where she knew everyone. It's quite a cool place where you can buy a scooter as well as a cocktail. It's just shame they don't sell real motorcycles as well.

After a appetite wetting drink we went for a meal in a Polish place and drank a wide array of vodka while eating food and talked of nonsense and other things. We may have been a bit silly with the number of courses we ordered. I ate so much I felt like I was about to explode out of my new suit and so after a chaste 'mwah' ambled off into the evening.

I'm still not entirely sure of her intentions towards me but she is terribly good company.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy a chaste "mwah" at the end of an evening because often I haven't really made up my mind what my intentions are anyway.

Really, there needs to be a subtle set of signals one can give out to avoid confusion and the awkwardness of actual words. Perhaps placement of salt and pepper on the table or the number of times one drops something on the floor.

I am forced to compose horrifying emails to men I really don't care about one way or t'other in the face of their apparent interest in... something. All so easily avoided if I could have just dropped my sweater three times as a clear signal.....

xo
Dizzy Daisy

Anonymous said...

P.S.
Glad you were a sartorial smash!

lethalbuzzle said...

< pedant

(it's 'whet' as in sharpen, not 'wet' as in dampen. Simon Cowell naked would wet my appetite. Colin Farrell naked would whet it.

i'm going now.)

pedant off

Louche said...

BigBouquet - Yes an internationally recognised system of signals would help people avoid a lot of bother.

Lethalbuzzle - Sorry.

DJ Kirkby said...

You did NOT wear it with trainers! I refuse to believe you...