Sunday, May 18, 2008

The trouble with telephones


Telephones are marvellous things, a whole new range of flirty options are opened up by them. They also have issues though, because we expect them to work when they malfunction people can get the impression that they are giving each other the cold shoulder when really they aren't. Pesky eh?

Anyway, The Iranian called today and we had the following exchange (as well as talking about other things).

T.I. - "So what was the thing you wanted some advice on?"

Me - "Well, I know where I'm taking you on a second date, and I've got a very special third date planned, but I'm rather stumped when it comes to a first date. Can you give me any clues?"

*dramatic pause*

T.I. - "This isn't how things normally go."

Me - "You should know by now that I'm a risk taker, I like to live life on the edge."

*T.I. Laughs*

T.I. - "I like marine things, I did consider becoming a marine archaeologist for a while."

Me - "Okay so something that involves rootling around the mud somewhere underwater. I'll see what I can do."

FIN

6 comments:

Amanda Castleman said...

I'd suggest bog snorkelling, except I suspect the situation should not linger in neutral until the July and August competitions...

http://llanwrtyd-wells.powys.org.uk/bog.html

However, if you started her training soon, perhaps T.I. could best the Ladies World Champion's time of 1 min 45 sec?

Corraggio, amico mio.

Anonymous said...

I never root around in the mud underwater until after the third date.

xo
Dainty Daisy

Louche said...

Amanda - Is bog snorkelling a romantic activity?

BigBouquet - Glad to hear you don't get pressured into things.

The Topiary Cow said...

Cow thinking rubber underwear may be called for.

Ooooof.

Moo!

Louche said...

Cow - Rubber underwear? Really? Why?

The Topiary Cow said...

Rubber underwear. What the well-dressed Cow, Marine Archeologist, or Not-Gay-Guy wears for underwater digs.

Sheesh.

Moo!