Monday, May 12, 2008

Silver clothes, victory and ice cream


Another bit of the biker uniform was purchased yesterday. A lightweight summer jacket, in silver of course.

It's quite unusual for a coat in that it won't keep me dry in the rain, or protect me from the wind. What it does do is hold armour and is futuristically silver, and it does it jolly well. I don't own nearly enough silver items of clothing, especially since it's 2008 so really we should all be wearing silver unitards and riding a robot to work.

I didn't actually mean to buy a coat yesterday, I ambled over to the post office to pick up a parcel and while I was there got a call from one of the places in Soho I work at and they asked me to come in. So suddenly my favourite bike gear place was sort of on the way I needed to travel and so I popped in to say hello and picked up a my new jacket.

After Soho had finished I resisted having a traditional post-work sherry and went straight to the pub quiz. We had a reduced team from last time we entered but my chum had just purchased some new shoes (also in silver) and so this was considered a good omen.

We brought a few jugs of Pimms and set about them while answering the questions. The Pimms was very nice but so weak that it almost had a sobering effect. Even with mild booze we started off well, and were in the lead for a bit but a tricky round about The Sun (yes the star, not the newspaper) put us in second place. Thankfully we did very well in the intros section and managed to scoop first prize again - hard cash.

This time instead of having a Chinese meal we went for victory ice-cream. The only place we could find that served it was in Leicester Square so we got to watch women in flashy dresses totter about as we ate. The Sex and the City film had premiered a few hours earlier and people had really got dressed up for it. Thinking about it I probably should have put my silver coat on and tottered about with them. Oh well there will be other chances.

3 comments:

piqued said...

You won? Without me?

How dare you

Lovely jacket by the way, what make is it?

The Topiaryiest Bunny said...

"...we should all be wearing silver unitards and riding a robot to work."

What, you don't?

Hippity-hop!

Louche said...

Piqued - Yes we won, I hope that is a lesson to you. Jacket is erm silver and I'm not sure who makes it but no-one I've heard of before.

Topiaryiest bunny - It appears I'm behind the times, I'll see if I can pick up some summer unitards tomorrow.