Monday, May 26, 2008

Boiler suits and Eurovision


I managed to recover from man flu and so on Saturday morning I went to the classic bike show with a chum. It was a nice show, pleasantly low-key and full of enthusiastic old duffers making jokes about valve timings. There were lots of chaps striding around in slightly grubby boiler suits and it was a gloriously hot day so all was well with the world. After looking at lots of lovely motorbikes we went to a smashing pub by a river and drank beer. It was a nice day of chap related activities.

In the evening I went to a Eurovision party in a friend's house. Russia won which I wasn't upset by, the song was a bit so-so but they had a chap prancing about on ice skates who had a smashing mullet so that was probably worth voting for. Greece nearly won but their entry was rubbish, and even worse sung by someone who hadn't even been born in Greece, TSK. The French entry was brilliant and I've ordered the album by the artist because I loved his electro pop nonsense and excessive facial hair. I adore Eurovision

On Sunday I had a sort of relaxed day with a friend, we cooked pleasantly rubbish food like potato waffles and fish fingers and watched films about dating awful women. The afternoon was taken up with a cookie drop and then an invite to go a party at Shoreditch House appeared out of no-where so we went. It was rammed, I've never been there when it was so busy. The service was awful, and we left only after a couple of drinks.

Monday was a bit more relaxed, I spent most of it doing fiddly computer things and reading motorbike magazines. Spiffing.

4 comments:

The Topiary Cow said...

"...full of enthusiastic old duffers making jokes about valve timings..."

Cow's definition of heaven, too.

Moo!

DJ Kirkby said...

I am blinded...for the second time in a week...hope you can read what I've typed...that beard...bleurgh!

Anonymous said...

If you have a spare moment from doing manly things, could you just clarify how "man flu" differs from "flu" in general, and, is there a "female flu"?

Also, for my next movie fest, I'd welcome your list of movies featuring women who are terrible girlfriends (or whatever it was you said). (I suppose the films that feature men who are terrible boyfriend are all the ones with the axe-murderers and such... Do you see how much easier you have it?)

xo
Daisy the Director

Louche said...

Cow - It was a great day out

DJ - Aren't you pro-beard? I never wear one but I dream of the day that I might.

BigBouquet - The film was 'Anything Else' directed by Woody Allen. It was terribly well observed.