Thursday, May 08, 2008

Pocket Logic


Pockets are tricky things, well using them is at least. I tend to carry a lot of things around with me when I'm ambling around. Typically I will have with me.

1)Pocket watch
2)Keys (office + house)
3)Wallet
4)Phone
5)Moleskine notepad + pen
6)Music player
7)Dark glasses

Now there are some rules to how things go in pockets. The keys are scratchy so they can't go in the same pocket as the phone, dark glasses, music player or pocket watch. The wallet should never go in a back pocket because it easiest pocket to steal from, and keys can't go in a back pocket either as you may sit on them which can be remarkably painful.

The notepad needs a slightly larger pocket but it can share it with something else, and the Dark glasses are easy to break so they shouldn't go in a pocket that is sat on either. The phone goes a bit mad if it is sat on too. This means that arranging one's pockets requires a bit of thought. Sometimes it's easier just to take a man-bag to somewhere and be done with it.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I relate to this article in its entirety (especially the sitting on keys bit), until the very last line, where you lose the plot completely.

8/10

piqued said...

One can wear a wallet it ones back pocket so long as one drink from the alter of metal and uses a chain

BPP said...

A man needs two items in his pocket - wallet and keys. Your watch goes round your wrist (as it's not 1850 any more), and as for the rest of that rubbish you list? Chuck it away.

A 'manbag' indeed.

The Topiary Cow said...

Tastefully arranged Topiary is the answer to your pocket conundrum.

Moo!

Roszs said...

Keys. Money. Fags.

That is all you need. And you don't even need fags cos you ain't cool like me.

Oh, and a phone. Yeah, you need a phone.

Keys. Money. Phone.

MOLESKINE?! Use the back of a bloody bus ticket like the rest of us, sir!

Roszs said...

I note that you carry a moleskine but no pen, as well. Do you scratch words into it with your keys?

Roszs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Louche said...

WWM - I often lose the plot

Piqued - Ah, but I'm not rock, not really.

BBP - Don't you have a phone?

Topiary cow - How does a topiary store items?

Ros - I bet you lose things all the time, like your phone.

BPP said...

I've got a phone in my house, old son. If any of the claptrap bunch of cowboys I call my friends want to get in touch, they can bloody-well ring me there as opposed to when I'm out 'n' about. The rule's simple - if I ain't there, I ain't interested. I'm damned if I'm being tied to work, friends 'n' family 24 hours a day.

BPP said...

I should have added something about luddites in there too.

The Topiary Cow said...

Louche, you must conceal things about your Topiary. It's easy once you get the hang of it.

No pockets, just cunningly twisted leaves and branches.

Moo!