Friday, May 23, 2008

Man flu and soup


I have man flu, I don't think it's fatal but you never know with these mild temperatures. This rather dull illness has caused me to rethink my weekend plans, I was going to go to a rather strange festival but since I was feeling a bit off I thought a few days in a damp tent drinking far too much would probably not get me in tip-top condition for racing motorbikes.

Since there was no-one to make me chicken soup I had to slog down to the shops to get the ingredients myself, it wasn't a pleasant trip but I managed to get some supplies in and spent the rest of the day dosing myself with vitamin C and sleeping.

It reminded me of the time that 'a girlfriend' was unwell. I spent the whole day, yes the whole day making a chicken soup for her. Luckily I had roasted a chicken the day before so in between working I carefully tended a stock pot filled with tenderly chosen vegetables and other delightful herbs to make the best soup I possibly could.

After hours of attentive cooking it was ready and I presented it to her. It smelled amazing, I mean really good. Just thinking about it is making my mouth water and I thought that by putting so much effort into making some food for her she would really appreciate how much I cared for her.

She took a sip, and then said "If my dad had made this he would have strained it to remove the fat."

8 comments:

Kopaylopa said...

Is it possible to put your bad taste in women and my awful taste in men together and burn it in a rubbish heap somewhere?

Urgh. Feel better!

-K

Kim said...

I can't believe there's no one to make you soup. What's the use of having Jewish friends except for times like this? *kills self*

Anonymous said...

I wonder if you went out with my sister! That's just like something someone in my family would say!

The Topiary Cow said...

Cow HATES critical nit-picking people.

Cow would have been tempted to accidentally spill the soup on the critic.

Dearie me.

Moo!

DJ Kirkby said...

Only one, I suspect, of the many reasons why she is an ex-girlfriend?

Everything Stops for Tea said...

Oh what a cow, I'd have drowned her in the stockpot! Feel better soon.

Amanda Castleman said...

>She took a sip, and then said "If my dad had made this he would have strained it to remove the fat."

Too bad he didn't get to the honours with her head...

Never stop making soup, Louche. The right lady will love nothing better after bog snorkelling.

Feel better, Ax.

Louche said...

Kopaylopa - Sounds like a good use for it.

Kim - Yes, where were you? Tsk, TSK!

BigBouquet - I'm sorry but if that's true I'm never dating anyone you are related to.

TT Cow - If only I'd had your sage advice then.

DJ - So true, but I was the one let go. Probably because of the soup.

Sarah - Heh, but she would have ruined a good stock.

Amanda - I hope so.