Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Breakdancing on Champagne


Since I had good reason to celebrate I decided to open the bottle of champagne I had chilling in the fridge. I called the Iranian and asked her to join me for a light supper and she said yes. So beautiful women and champagne, the perfect way to raise a glass to fate.

By the time she arrived it was starting to get mildly chilly outside but we decided to dine on the balcony because it's such a novelty. Ate olives, talked about keeping Polar Bears as pets and going on adventures with people you don't really know. It was lovely and when the time came for her to leave I was a bit sad.

Her taxi was having issues finding the building we were in so I walked the Iranian out to make sure she got away safely. It was late but showed her the library and gym as we passed by.

She was delighted by the library with the lights out and for reasons that I don't entirely understand (possibly due to drinking a little bit too much champagne) she ended up trying to teach me a breakdancing move. I was not very good at it, I'm really not that cool. I couldn't even work out what I was trying to do and managed to get some carpet burns while trying to get it right. This caused great amusement and we were both giggling like loons when some other people came into the library and found us, in the dark, on the floor, rather tangled up.

I think I managed to leave before my blush properly kicked in but I'm not sure. The Iranian was bundled into the waiting cab and set on her way and I went to bed. It had been a terribly exciting day.

2 comments:

DJ Kirkby said...

What a fabulous post, made me giggle to think of you trying to break dance in a dimly light library.

Louche said...

DJ Kirkby - Glad you enjoyed it, it almost makes the carpet burns worth-while.