Thursday, May 22, 2008

A question of Judgement


I have awful taste when it comes to women. Terrible, cataclysmically bad taste. In short I should not be allowed to pick girls for myself as I cannot be trusted to pick nice ones.

Thankfully I have managed - through luck more than anything else - to accumulate lots of excellent female friends. Female friends who care. Since the last girlfriend was such a nightmare (and believe me she was - I really should get around to posting some of the nonsense she did) they (my friends) have decided that I'm not allowed to date anyone else until they give me the thumbs up.

I trust their judgement because when I was blinded a wave of pheromones they instantly took a dislike to my last girlfriend. They could tell she was a bad egg, when I was too busy swooning.

It's worth pointing out that these female friends are mostly married or in proper grown up long term relationships, and thus have no ulterior motives. They just want me to go out with someone nice and be happy. So my chums have decided that I can't date anyone else until they have given them the seal of approval which I think is terribly wise, if a little tricky to engineer.

I like the idea of any future girlfriends having to pass an independently verified test. I wonder if it will have a hazard perception section where they will have to click furiously when they see danger just like in the bike test I took.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been known to send my dates follow up surveys which have returned fascinating results.

So it makes perfect sense for your dates to have to take a test before they can actually go out with you.

Perhaps these things ought to be widely required. Might it spare us much heartbreak and hair-pulling?

Gorilla Bananas said...

Why not go the hold hog and let them find dates for you? You could give them your picture and I'm sure they know the type of girl you would fancy.

Anonymous said...

I wish I had similar helpful men friends who would vet all potential men for me, as I too seem to always pick the bastards, nerds and weirdos.

I have just blogged about one such really embarrassing situation of my teenage years (all names have been changed of course).

Having just come across your blog and found quite a few entries that 'click' with me I am just about to add you to my Blogroll!

Your profile describes you as a bit of a fop and dandy -- are you secretly Raef, the latest reject from The Apprentice? :-)

ttfn
Sharon

Louche said...

BigBig - I mean going out as in a relationship. I rather enjoy the mad dates with new people part, I don't have a problem with finding them. It's just that my taste in girls to get involved with is so terrible.

Gorilla - I like the idea, I could just sun myself while the females of the tribe bring me mates. Is that how Gorillas do it?

Goodbyetoallfat - Welcome! I do hope you stay. I'm not Raef, but I did like his shirts.

The Topiary Cow said...

Cow likes the idea of having friends vet dates, and also having gorillas bring dates.

If they brought food and drink as well, it would be a perfect world.

Moo!

Anonymous said...

Cow -- by logical extension the dates bring the food and drink, silly!

[Oh, and Louche, I meant dates as in relationship dates. A single date would not yet have grasped the essence of me so I would not force paperwork upon them. It's a job for someone I've been out with several times and have seen naked. More than once.]

xo
Daisy the Date