Thursday, May 22, 2008

Run Radius


I often think about disappearing, not in a sinister way but the sort of way that makes you go 'Gosh there is nothing good on tonight, lets go to Mongolia'. It's not that I really would do it but it's nice to have the option, which is why having a rather broken passport was so annoying.

I think the definition of freedom is your run radius, the distance you could cover if you just decided to leave that very moment. At the moment I don't think I could get very far, and this troubles me.

I used to have a bit of a habit of going to far away places alone on a Friday just because I didn't have anything planned. I'd pull on the tropical lightweights, amble over to the airport and get on the next flight I could. I used to have all sorts of adventures especially if I ended up going somewhere that I didn't speak the native tongue. It's amazing how much you can learn on a flight if you pick up a dictionary in the departure lounge and not being able to speak the local lingo really isn't an option.

Perhaps it's time for another adventure like that? Of course all this conjecture could just be happening because I'm waiting on exciting news and waiting does not agree with me. Even so I think I should get my white linen suit dry cleaned, you know just in case.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have an unbroken passport and a long weekend yawning before me.

Now, if only I weren't fare-challenged....

xo
Despondent Daisy

Kim said...

Bloody Europeans with your bloody passports.

Louche said...

BB - Road trip?

Kim - When do you get a passport?

The Topiary Cow said...

"Fare-challenged."

Heh.

Moo!