Monday, May 19, 2008

Old friends


Today I spoke to an old friend via email. He was probably my closest friend from the age of about 16 to about 24. We fell out of touch, I don't really know why. I think there was a misunderstanding over something and then in that traditional male way we just didn't talk. Since we didn't live near each other anymore we couldn't solve it by just going to the pub and having a pint.

Anyway we are talking again and I'm delighted, absolutely delighted. Friends are to be treasured, I may have to go on a trek up north to go and see him in a pub and catch up properly. Some other stuff happened today which was good but it's not as exciting as an old chum reappearing.

Oh and I'm trapped in the flat. My flatmate double locked the door without realising I was inside, and well I can't actually leave. I suppose in the event of a fire I could try jumping out of a window but it would be quite a fall. I better not start any fires then.

7 comments:

BPP said...

BREAK THE BLOODY DOOR DOWN!

What's happened to men? Eh? Country's gone to the damned dogs ...

The Topiary Cow said...

Cow suspecting more and more that Louche's flatmate is actually an evil alien.

Locked in? Unable to stay out late? High-end fashion magazines?

Typical of alien attempts to subvert yet infiltrate our culture.

Moo!

Louche said...

BPP - Used my survive skills to live off the land until she returned. It was like Ray Meyers on a sofa.

Cow - What larks eh?

Anonymous said...

I think he's being held hostage and just doesn't realize it.

This blog is a desperate attempt to be rescued without her finding out.

Don your SWAT togs everyone! We're going in! BPP -- you bash down the door! Cow -- you run in and carry Louche out in some speedy topiary manner! If flatmate is there, I'll distract her by putting a curry on the stove and holding a scissor to one of her fashion magazines!

xo
Determined Daisy

Louche said...

BB - Ah yes, I'm in DANGER please come right away and bring gin and more olives. Oh and some snacks.

The Topiary Cow said...

"..Cow -- you run in and carry Louche out in some speedy topiary manner!"

(Cow quickly donning neck flask of life-affirming gin and practicing wind sprints for speed)

On my way!

Moo!

The Topiaryiest Bunny said...

Snacks? Did somebody mention snacks?

Carrot cake, on the way!

Hippity-hop!