Monday, March 17, 2008

Woman Vs woman


The weekend gave me lots of time to think about things, it's amazing how much time you get to ponder life while fearing for your life or being so out of breath because you have run up what feels like a limitless hill that you want to die.

I had a bit of time to think about women and my relationship with them. They seem to fall into two camps in my experience.

The first lot drift into my life through happenstance and whimsy. Sometimes unknowingly they help me out of a tricky situation. Sometimes this might be something to do with work, or home life or perhaps even another woman. They are wise, lovely and I smile just to think of them. They are like angels, sent to gently nudge a chap onto a better course and I adore every single one of them.

I could write a chronological list of these wonderful people, and beside every name give precise details of how they made life better, or finally got me to do something I should have done long, long ago. I like these woman and when-ever I see them I am filled with joy. These are true friends, people you can talk to about anything.

The other sort of women can be precisely defined as 'women I get involved with'. I have dire taste in women. If a license was required to date, mine would have been revoked years ago for the greater good and perhaps a string of unpleasant accidents would have been avoided.

I have a strange ability to seemingly ignore the most unpleasant behavior or actions when it happens at the time, when really what I should be calling a halt to what ever is happening and jolly well pulling them up on it.

When I look back on it now I feel foolish, and if a friend had been in the same situation I would have counselled them to get out, fast. Alas it is one of those rummy things about relationships that you can't see the faults in your own one but can spot the problem in a friends with crystal clear clarity.

I can co-ordinate like a trooper, and will happily spend long periods of time thinking about the right sort of shoes for the evening I have planned but I have terrible taste in women. Terrible.

1 comment:

Clair said...

You're a boy. You all ignore the bad stuff; it's your genetic programming. But then again, some girls are like that *sound of red shoes running into the distance*