Saturday, March 22, 2008

Bikes, LA and everything inbetween


Well the first bit of my bike test is out of the way, well the sort of pre-test. I managed to pass my CBT with flying colours. I say pass, you have to work hard to fail but still.

It started off a bit wobbly, the wind was all over the place and we had to contend with sideways snow and rain. I was the only person on the course on a proper bike with gears, the rest were on rubbish scooters. The bike was set up to be almost exactly the opposite of the bike I have been riding recently (the monster thing my dad made) so I was struggling a bit with the gears and clutch. However, after the instructor tweaked the setting a bit, to change the biting point I was AWAY.

When we did our ride on the road I even got to lead the pack and we encountered all sorts of obstacles which just made the ride more fun. Avoiding berks in cars opening their doors or pulling out of side junctions without indicating wasn't a pain it was a joy. Even the chap in a merc who nearly drove one my fellow learners off the side of the road was but an other enjoyable event to overcome.

Needless to say I've got the bug and I'm going to have to book the rest of the tests are soon as possible. I must ride some more, I'm addicted.

The last week was a bit of a funny one, I spent a day with an LA script writer who has done things you will have heard of, she is really is astoundingly well connected. I met her because she is chums with a chum of mine it was lovely hearing about how LA works an she was giving me all sorts of useful advice.

Apparently agents are like boyfriends, you have to pretend they discovered you but then once you have them hooked you have to treat them a bit mean to get the best out of them.

There was some other stuff she said, but I'm still buzzing from riding the bike that I'm not going to be much good for anyone

2 comments:

Gorilla Bananas said...

Do you need an agent?

Louche said...

Gorilla - Not in the slightest, we got onto the subject of agents because I asked out real Entourage was.