Saturday, March 15, 2008

Macho Macho man I've gotta be a macho man


This weekend is a manly one. Just thinking about it makes me get facial hair.

Today I'm going to be running around in the woods doing all sorts of weight lifting and timed running stuff. It doesn't sound terribly thrilling but the organiser makes sure it's always an entertaining form of knackering yourself. I'll be doing this with a load of chums I've not seen in ages so it will be nice to catch up in between bouts of fighting for ones breath.

On Sunday I'm going to be running around on the woods. I'm going on an assault course in the trees for a newspaper. This is part of a plan to become less of their 'feckless fop in residence' and more of a 'gentleman adventurer'. It's working so far I've just been given the thumbs up to go hang-gliding which has a special place in my heart.

Why you may ask? Well I was named after a Great Uncle, one who sadly passed away before I was born and the reason for his demise was a hang-gliding accident. I'm hoping the odds of two people with the same name from the same family dying in the same way are fairly low and thus I'm practically immune to death.

Anyway, these days I'm far to macho to do anything as cissy as die.

7 comments:

La Bête said...

So how do you manage to get people to pay you to go hang-gliding, that's what I'd like to know. Do tell. (Btw, far too macho. Tsk.)

Anonymous said...

Will Will Young be there?
Will Will?

You fat knacker.

Amanda Castleman said...

Gentleman adventurer: like it! Much better the nickname I'm suffering from my so-called friends: Action Barbie.

As if Barbie could even stand upright with those 80" bosoms...

Louche said...

La Bete - I'm not really sure, I hope they don't realise I'd still do it if I wasn't paid.

Swineshead - have you been drinking?

Amanda - I like Action Barbie, what sort of accessories does that come with?

Amanda Castleman said...

Hmmm, let's see:
*Beehive rat (Weimar Republic vintage, on loan)
*Zeagle "Stiletto" BCD for cold-water diving (is the name not totally Nikita?)
* Mac laptop and Canon digital
* sequinned shrug
* ankle-strap 3.5" heels, perfect for salsa or running for the bus
* ice axe (just in case Skipper makes a play for Ken)

No Barbie Jeep, though: this action doll is car-free...

And the gentleman adventurer? Just what exactly are those porters carrying, Louche?

Gorilla Bananas said...

The picture makes me wonder how many times you've been propositioned by gay men.

Louche said...

Amanda - I would take with me
*Pith helmet
*my beloved carbine (with suppressor) to fend off dinosaurs
*Four decks of cards
*moleskine plus pens
*Cocktail mixer
*Two oversize martini glasses
*Ancient leatherman (currently MIA in my room)
*wind up gramophone from my mother's attic
*selection of Noel Coward albums + French jazz
*Perfume
*Spare socks

I think we would be terribly well prepared.

Gorilla - Not that often. For some reason women think I'm gay, but real gays no I am but a simple fop trying to make his way in the world.