Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Amy Winehouse (redux)


One of the nice things about being single is you get to muse on any girl you see and what it would be like to go out with them.

It's fairly well documented that I have a bit of a crush on Amy Winehouse. It probably started from a great house party where I listened to her album while extremely hungover. Actually it started before that.

I brought her album because I fancied her and then luckily her music turned out to be rather good. Incidentally I think the Amy on the right is definitely the sexy one. Just looking at that picture makes me feel like Robert Crumb and I have to go for a long walk, or possibly a cold shower.

Anyway, through luck I have a couple of friends who know her (or used to know her really quite well) and I spent a lot of time hassling them for an introduction but for some reason they wouldn't do it. Oh how history could have been different if they had eh?

I'd like to think that she would have drawn strength from my baking skills and stayed away from those ghastly drugs. I could have been her rock(cake).

Instead I'll just be a chap she met ever so briefly in a pub once when she appeared to have a terrible cold because she kept sniffling and disappearing to the loos.

3 comments:

Gorilla Bananas said...

Ah, I see you like a woman with a bit of meat on her! Good fellow! I'm giving you points on the honorary gorilla scale.

Clair said...

Not enough men feel like Robert Crumb about women - I take one of my small selection of hats off to you, sir. We used to see Amy in the local Camden greasy spoon, and she very much looked like she needed a good fry-up, not the anaemic salad she was picking at.

Louche said...

Gorilla - good to hear, how long before I have enough points for a steak knife set?

Clair - She just needs a few good meals and someone with a no-nonsense attitude, that will sort her out.