Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Work, moving and flirting.

Monday was a rush, I had loads of work, had to move the final selection of my things out of my old flat and A was being very flirty. Lets deal with these in order.

Work is manic at the moment, we have 5 new people starting this week, which for a fairly small company is a massive increase. Plus we had a couple of work experience girls come in as well. We have actually run out of desks. It's fun to have the office so alive with people, I hope it all works out. Thankfully I still have my early mornings for quiet time.

I got the final selection of things from my old flat last night, it mostly consisted of (and this is not a fabrication in the slightest) P.G. Wodehouse books, cocktail making equipment and top hats. For future reference top hats are a Dickens to transport about with out a decent hat box. It was a bit sad saying goodbye to the flat that I have spent the last 3 years in (the entire time I have been in London), and that is tied in with so many memories. Not that many wild parties but lots of good times with chums and girls. Is it wrong to feel so sad about just a flat?

A was very flirty today, massively so and then someone at work accused us of having an affair. I've been getting this for a while but I think this is the first time A experienced it. I protested the sad truth rather strongly which I later found out offended A a bit. She thinks I should have gone 'yes, we are at it like rabbits'. I don't think she quite gets that as her boss I can't really make claims like that. It wouldn't be proper. Or perhaps I'm just being stuffy?

I went to see A do another gig last night, it was an excellent gig she was really alive on stage and the rest of the band were clearly having a really good time too. I spent most of the gig at the bar with her manager making small talk. We stayed on to listen to the next act which was a very jumpy chap called Ivory who sang a rather potent ditty called 'F*ck the boys in blue' to a hip-hop/drum and bass tune. He was a very entertaining performer.

After the gig A and I strolled along Upper Street looking for somewhere to eat, we settled on a lovely little French place, tucked away on a side street. It was lit by candles and the wine was fabulous. We talked about all sorts of nonsense and it was very pleasant. I was a bit quiet due to a mixture of being tired from moving and feeling a dash sad about moving house but we still had a good time and I manged to make her giggle more than once.

We parted ways at the tube, she hugged me for an excessive amount of time and then kissed me on the lips twice. My legs went a bit tingley.

No comments: