Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Soho

I went out for a few drinks with A last night, we were supposed to go to the show at the Hayward but I had to work late because some other people were being slow and combined with the tube issues we were not able to get there in time.

As much as I love Soho it isn't really a replacement for going to a gallery. For me Soho is a place you escape to and have manly adventures. We went to a little pub and had pints and talked. It was pleasant enough. I think A wanted to make a big night of it but it didn't happen for a couple of reasons. Mostly due to cash, I'm trying to be a bit more intelligent with my finances rather than just spending ALL my money on getting pretty girls drunk.

We had a bit of a tiff on the way back, I can't remember why it came up but A had been repeating herself, telling the same stories to me again. And it was my fault for not letting her know that she was repeating. I had actually said words to that effect, by the slightly more subtle
'Oh yes, you've mentioned this before'

but that wasn't good enough I should have told her off more forcefully. We didn't part on the best of terms, but I'm sure things will better in the morning.

On the plus side, A's friend who she is visiting this weekend is a jewellery designer so would be delighted by the book I got for an ex-girlfriend.

No comments: