Sunday, June 25, 2006

The power of silence

Silence is a powerful thing. Sometimes just not saying anything can change a situation massively. A lack of reply to 'I love you' or simply not replying fast enough can shift a day from a good one to a bad.

A silence can be like an expert counter-thrust in the game of courtship. Even more so through the medium of text messages. Just by not replying very quickly the moth and the flame can change rolls in an instance.

Today has been a day of well timed silences. I'm in the midst of a conversation now where to get what I really want, I must simply say nothing.

In other less cryptic news I did some more baking today, I made some beautiful bread rolls to eat with soft cheese. I've taken a photo of the remaining ones as the rest have been snaffled by hungry flatmates and other visitors.

I know that if I could only the object of my desires to come around to eat just a few times I would be able to ensnare her. Some men have dancing, others have flash cars or expensive jewellery, I bake.

2 comments:

Kopaylopa said...

Those rolls look positively store bought! (Which means they look pretty perfec ;) )

-K

moi said...

Rather impressive indeed.
mmmm warm homemade bread... yummy.
K can you make your spinich bread for your party? prrrrrettttty pleeeeeease.