Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Dialogue

Oh, on Tuesday night, somewhere between bottles 3rd or 4th bottle of wine A's manager mentioned he was going to Ibiza for his birthday. He was going to rent a villa on the quiet side of the island with a pool and relax. He was going to try and get a group together of about 10 to do this. Somehow, I ended up being one of the 10, with A and her sisters.

This plan is still in place, even in the cold light of day. The reason I mention it is the dialogue below doesn't make much sense with out this background information.

A - 'Don't you think that's an amazing swimming costume? I could wear that on the holiday.'
L - 'Yes it's rather lovely.'
A - 'And you wouldn't get any tan lines while wearing it.'
L - 'Lets see how much it is shall we? The company owe us a favour so I might be able get a special rate.'
*clicking on computers*
L - 'It's £80, you don't get a lot of swimwear for your money do you?'
A - 'Hmm, that's a bit too much for me.'
L - 'Well, I would offer to get it but £80 is more than you can spend on a friend. A tenner is fine, but I just can't spend that much on a person unless I was getting hot monkey love.'
A - 'Well August isn't for a while, I could be giving you monkey love by then.'
L - 'Yes, but would it be hot monkey love?'
A - *laughing* 'Yes.'

2 comments:

moi said...

... but you're not going to buy it right?!

And what kind of costume gives NO tan lines???!!!

Louche said...

No hot monkey love = no swimwear.