Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Helpful cats


I've met the newest cat in the household, Sausage. He is a very sweet chap and utterly fearless provided his mother is within sight. I've been trying to do some writing today, instead of just waiting about for news so I've taken up residence in the downstairs study to do a bit of work.

It's a lovely place to write, as out of the window you can watch the poultry stride about. I can see about a dozen free-range chickens ambling about, a couple of ducks and squirrel. Yes I know squirrels aren't poultry, but it's appeared and is jumping all over the place. All the booze is stored here (the study) too, so I suppose if the writing doesn't work I can always just drink a bottle of rum to pass the time.

Anyway, while I was typing Sausage decided that he would help me with my work, he is so light that he doesn't make the keys go down so I suppose I should be thankful for that. Bless his little furry face.

8 comments:

Clair said...

As long as he doesn't demand a co-writing credit, it'll all be fine.

Everything Stops for Tea said...

Ahhh bless, I have a Dougal that does that...he's been known to wipe whole documents....

Gorilla Bananas said...

Funny name for a cat. I have yet to meet a cat called 'Catkins'.

The Topiary Cow said...

(Cow rustling Topiary invitingly)

Cow would like Sausage to come sit on her lap too.

Or her laptop.

Moo!

Tea said...

Love his name. Best of luck with your wonderful job prospect too Louche. It sounds like they like you. At one time I used to do a bit of writing. It seems over the years my creativity has been well gone and lost though. My Mum grew up in Devon. I was there years ago and it`s really a beautiful part of England.

tea
xo

D..J. Kirkby said...

Adorable! My cat likes to sit on my lap with his chin resting on top of my wrist as I type. His head probably weighs what Sausage's whole body does..not so adorable.

DJ Kirkby said...

Oooop! That was me who made the comment above!

Louche said...

Clair - I think he would only do that if I were to be paid in rabbits.

Sarah - Cats aren't know for their copy editing skills

Gorilla - That's a great name for a cat. I may have to steal it.

Cow - Sausage has that effect on people.

Tea - Yes Devon is lovely at this time of year.

DJ - Yes, cats seem to sit on whatever is the focus of your attention which isn't terribly helpful.