Sunday, January 08, 2006

It's serious, he's got no trousers.


I'm still not entirely sure how it happened but I don't have any working 'normal' trousers. I think I must have picked up a voodoo curse at some point over New Year's Eve. I don't remember saying anything cutting to any witch doctors or wise old sages but I could have forgotten it though the magic of alcohol.

I was supposed to get some more trousers yesterday but instead I got drunk which is a bit like buying trousers as it makes your legs feel warm and covers your shame, or not.

Drinking is very fun and with the added 'zing' of wearing trousers that you have to be careful how you sit added to the whole experience. At the end of the evening we ended up in a pub with books on the shelves so of course I stole one. I scampered off with the Three Musketeers by Dumas.

It is a source of much annoyance to me that I am unlikely to ever be a Musketeer, it must have been great lets look at a list of the lovely things they got to do.
1 - Quaff wines
2 - Slap legs at the end of jokes
3 - sword fight
4 - wear great boots
5 - and shirts
6 - The whole clothing thing was ace really
7 - Ladies were either in low cut dresses a-la bar wenches OR feisty female Musketeer types
8 - Grow good facial hair
9 - Fight evil churchy types.
10 - Make cutting remarks while sword fighting.

Oh yes it would have been wonderful.

I am definitely going shopping for trousers today, although everyone said I looked very fetching when I wore that toga to a party and the whole Roman thing is very big now...

Still no sign of the coat, I'm starting to get worried, I wish it would write or just call and let me know where it is and how it is doing.

No comments: