Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I've gotta be a macho man


I am hungover. Actually that isn't entirely correct, I am still drunk. I am ruined man, who has had about 20 minutes of sleep of sleep and will have to go into quite a serious meeting this afternoon. I didn't mean for it to end up like this but it did. Let me start at the beginning.

If I'm being honest it probably started to get dangerous around lunch time. For some reason it seemed like an excellent idea to skip any real food and just have a coffee. This would come back to haunt me later when the idea of some sort of starchy ballast to absorb drink would be terribly welcome.

Post work I met up with a friend in a cocktail bar for a quick drink before she went to some style awards. She was very much looking the fashion part and was resplendent in silver, her dress even had a cape. It was a small one, so perhaps technically it was a caplet? I'm not sure but capes are good.

After a brisk cocktail with my friend I ambled over to the bar that was hosting the Mr T thing. Sadly it was revealed that Mr T would be joining the event via satalite link rather than working the room. He was in good form and answered some piercing questions from me. I can exclusively reveal that the animal Mr T would least like to fight is a grizzly bear.

Once the presentation was over there was more booze and an arm wrestingly contest to win some dumbells. The chaps lining up to enter were big stocky chaps and they clearly didn't consider a foppish chap in a waistcoat to be much of a threat. Now I grew up on a farm so I'm fairly strong. So I entered the contest and did rather well.

I won, I even got a bit cocky on the final match and took the time to sip a cocktail while mid-wrestle. I've never won weights before in an arm wrestling contest but it's possibly the most macho thing I've ever done.

Flushed with victory we stumbled on to a members club in East London to join in a fashion week party. I started drinking gin at this point and bumped into some old friends, someone I used to work with a million years ago and Amy Winehouse.

This caused more drinking, I think. My memory is a bit hazy really. I got home at about 7am. Now I've got to arrange picking up my prize and try and get less drunk in time for a meeting this afternoon.

6 comments:

Clair said...

*swoon*

Gorilla Bananas said...

Were you not a real person, I would say that you were a creation of P.G. Wodehouse. We could have a competition about which of his characters you most closely resemble.

Roszs said...

Amy Winehouse AGAIN? I think she's stalking you...

Louche said...

Clair - I'm considering getting a Victorian Strong man costume, what do you think?

Gorilla - I suppose I do have a bit of an interest in Newts, but I don't think I'd talk about them at supper. It's a tricky one.

Ros - Yes, she is obsessed with me, tsk eh?

Amanda Castleman said...

Magnificent misbehaviour. I'm dedicating this weekend's Roman beehive to you, Louche.

Louche said...

Amanda - There is no higher honour you could give a chap. Thank you.