Tuesday, August 01, 2006

A matter of italics

I was ill for quite some time, while I am informed that it wasn't the dreaded flu it was definitely a very nasty bug. Sadly it was one of those weeks when taking time off wasn't an option so instead of fully recovering in a lovely bed I had to go into work and be ill at people like a brave little soldier.

When went in I discovered why I couldn't really take any time off; this month is going to be a hard one. I can't say too much but the situation is serious.

Things with A are slightly more compicated that before. While I was unwell she didn't visit me; even though when I was taking her grapes she swore she would should the situation ever arise. Last night she was supposed to come around and cook me supper as a treat but that didn't happen, for various reasons which I won't go into now.

The thing about wishing for a change in the status quo is that when it does happen it can rather make you long for the good old days when everything was the same.

It's not all bad though, I picked up a beautiful shirt last week in a sale and some fantastic underwear. This underwear is actually a bit of a liability it's so splendid I'm filled with an urge to show it to people.

No comments: