Wednesday, May 23, 2007

These are a few of my favourite things...


The lovely lady at The Urban Woo has just posted about shops, she was inspired by this post on Oye Billy.

Anyway, I'm stuck on some work so I'm going to be *ahem* constructive and write about my favourite shops ever too. This is excluding restaurants that can be saved for another day.

Fortnum and Masons
The best hampers in London (I've done scientific testing and everything) you can pop in to them of an afternoon and pick up a beautiful wicker hamper full of exciting goodies. It's surprisingly good value considering you get to keep the lovely hamper and it's a gift for any occasion. Get one, go to Hyde park and try not to have a spiffing time. Just try.

Geo F Trumper
Barber and perfumer since 1875, recently I went in there for a new fragrance and spent almost an hour discussing what I wanted my scent to say. That's customer service, they even threw in some free soap. It's like entering a different world, one that smells lovely.

The Real McCoy
On Fore Street in Exeter there is a little arcade that has the best vintage clothes shop in Great Britain, fact. If you want to get a spiffing three piece 1920s tweed suit or perhaps a flapper style dress for less than the cost of a Top Shop shirt then this is the place to go. Although if you are male and the same size as me then you are banned, it's my precious.

I think that's enough for now.

No comments: