Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Tales from the Keys (part 4)

Yesterday was fairly relaxed. We got up late, went and did some light shopping for pointless electronics, including being hard sold insurance. I said no, and the fact that 'I am only in the states once every couple of years, so couldn't bring broken unit into a store to have it replaced' wasn't really enough to stop him getting in the manager who was going to offer me a special reduced rate because I had a nice face and he liked my style.

Armed with our freshly shiney gadgets we took the dogs to the doggy park so they could run around excitedly and sniff other dogs. There was a crazy dog lady there who was pretty but extremely annoying so we left after only an hour. The dogs enjoyed the experience and spent a lot of time in the car trying to get their whole bodies out of the windows to get as much wind on fur action as possible.

We dropped the dogs off for lunch and then zoomed over to the cinema to catch Grindhouse. It was funny, pleasantly strange and I laughed more than I thought I would. After the film we got changed into fancy pants ready for the evening event which was Conrad's birthday party. This was held at 'The Cheesecake Factory' I ate lots but avoided the cheesecake. Loads of Conrad's friends had turned up so I got to meet lots of Floridites (Floradoids?) who were really good fun. Then we went to another bar for some champagne, I only had a sip becuase I was driving.

At about midnight we set off back to the house, the streets were deserted so I was zooming along in the car happly until I saw some blue flashing lights behind me. I pulled over and started hearing the theme from Cops in my head.

The chap turned up resplendent in beige with a gun and asked for my license and registration just like in the films. Thankfully I managed to 'oh my gosh' my way out of the situation and after a few more 'Oh officer I am so terribly sorry' I was told to go on my way, but try not to go twice the speed limit again.

So yeah, I'm like totally a gangster now, I should probably get myself a street name and and possie of homos, or at least I think that is what they are called.

1 comment:

Kopaylopa said...

Why on earth did you avoid the cheesecake?? Tut. The pumpkin is amazing.

-K