Thursday, May 24, 2007

Fairwell Mounir


I just spoke to an old work college from my old job. The chap who left about a week before me is dead.

Mounir was a lovely man, he put up with a lot of crap from the head of sales and was still chirpy. We had quite a few adventures together including an incident in a hotel room with the female owner of a sex toy company and her P.R. woman that is not really for public consuption.

We even had some proper grown up converations, he lost his father last year and I had a long talk to him about stuff like that when I found out my father was unwell. I can still remember his laugh when he said something shocking to one of the girls.

What makes it worse is he was in his flat a month before anyone found him, it's one of those urban myths you hope never comes true.

So that's three deaths this year, and quite honestly I've had enough of it. A chap really shouldn't get this much use out of his funeral suit.

3 comments:

Kopaylopa said...

Oh no. That's terrible news. I'm so sorry. They do say bad news comes in threes however, so hopefully that means no more!

-K

Clair said...

Jeez, that's horrible - for someone so young to be found in such nasty circumstances. Condolences.

Louche said...

Cheers, it's all very strange.