Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Successful Author offered Blog deal


Award-winning author Stephen King has been offered a blog deal by Wordpress. They have offered him a flat fee of nothing in exchange for writing about his pants and what his cats did today.

"It's a huge step for me," said Mr King. "I've always wanted to make the move into blogging and this deal represents the final stage after years of hard work. I didn't think that I'd be lucky enough to land a blog deal but I'd like to thank everyone who has supported me this far."

Fluffy McHead, head of Publishing at Transworld had this to say.

"The market is rapidly changing and publishing needs to move to reflect this. A few books have been made from successful blogs but we are looking in new directions which is how we landed on this. Stephen is going to base the blog loosely on a couple of his books but try and string it out as much as possible. To reflect the new style we have asked him to remove any plotting elements and to focus as much as possible on the dream he had last night and to post as many pictures of his pets as he can."

Stephen King isn't the only author to be thinking of moving into blogging. J K Rowling, the author of the hugely successful Harry Potter series is also thinking about setting up a blog.

"I've got a bit of a following with books, so I think blogging is the next logical step for me. There is an audence out there who really want to know if I'm having a fat day and what I had for breakfast and so I want to write for them. I might do some erotic poetry as well."

No money has been offered to Ms Rowling but there was talk about possibly allowing her a cut of Google Adwords. Ms Rowling is said to be excited about this.

(This post is a lie)

1 comment:

BPP said...

Nice one!