Friday, January 09, 2009

Earning your mustache


Today was a day I became worthy of growing a mustache. I phoned up the people at The Job and said that I needed to know a start date because I was unable to take up other work until I had it.

They asked what sort of work and I said that had been put forward for a job with direct competitor and while I wasn't that interested in it I didn't want to cancel that until I had a solid confirmation of a job with them.

This was done in a very pally way, you know, just between blokes with facial hair. So now I'll have a definite answer on Wednesday. This isn't so bad when viewed in isolation but they said last year they wanted to employ me. *sigh* sometimes big businesses are a pain to work for.

Still that gives me more time to become hirsute.

No comments: