Friday, January 09, 2009

Hot dates with jobs


Still no real news - I had a quick chat yesterday with the chap and he said things were still 'go' but it hadn't been made official yet. This is a marked change from pre-Christmas where they were frantically moving things around to be able to employ me. Ho-hum.

I'm in a strange sort of limbo. It's sort of like when you start going out with someone but you aren't sure if you are officially an item or not. Is it okay to talk to other jobs? What about go out with them? I mean if it's not offical then it's not wrong if another job wants to take me out for a nice meal is it?

Thankfully I'm not completely taking this sitting down. The direct competitor of The Job are looking for someone as well and I've been put forward for the role by an agent. I'm not sure the competitor would be such a good move in the long term but I hate being in this limbo state, it's just not cricket, so I have to do something.

Is a start date too much to ask?

No comments: