Friday, July 18, 2008

The interview


I've got an interview today, an important one. Yikes!

It's big meeting and I've got almost no idea what to expect because this is an interview for something I've not done. Yes, I'm aware I'm not making much sense, I'll have another coffee and try again.

(A bit later on)

Yes, interview for some work, of a new type. I have some skills that are applicable but I'm going to be doing quite a bit of bluffing.

You know the sort of thing, 'Well I've never actually been an elephant but I have drawn pictures of goats and I think that will give me a head start when it comes to being an elephant for the first time.'

I think I should be okay. The chap I'll be meeting is mad about motorbikes and well, motorbike chaps are a better class of person. Fact. So once we get onto the subject of Classic British Motorcycles I'll be away.

5 comments:

piqued said...

Good luck old bean...

Amanda Castleman said...

I'm sure your silver artist's mannequin ballet credentials will rock the kasbah.

As the Romans say, in bocca al lupo (into the mouth of the wolf, i.e; good luck), Ax.

The Topiary Cow said...

This post is sadly too true.

Cow has often reflected on how the simple ability of being able to say "I've done that before" will get you the job, whereas being smart, quick, eager to learn seems to fall on deaf ears.

Good luck with your elephant impersonation.

Moo!

rockmother said...

So how did it go then?!

Hello.

rockmother said...

I had a backwards moment - I meant to say hello first. I think I need a cup of tea.