Thursday, July 31, 2008

Hello Pilgrim


Big changes going on, I've moved out of the flat in London. Or at least I will have fully moved out on the 10th when I return to pick up the rest of my stuff. It was overdue and I'll be glad to go out.

I'm not sure if I should forewarn the chap who is going to move in to replace me about the curfew. I should but I can't think of a way of doing it that doesn't sound, well a bit petty. I suppose the best thing to do is just leave it be.

So I'm back in Devon at the moment, I'm going to move all my stuff down here - and I do have an awful lot of stuff and plot the next move. I may live out of a suitcase for a bit - it's amazing how infrequently a chap needs a third pair of brogues for emergencies so it's quite possible to do this.

I've work to do at the moment which is thankfully not London centric but I'm reminded how living in the wilderness requires transport. It's not even optional here, but at least moving back into my old place for a month or so means that cash that would normally be spent on rent can be invested in a motorbike. Or at least that is the plan.

I'm not sure what the next step will be for me, I'm open to options. I could just move back to London once I'm armed with a motorbike but that seems like the easy route out, perhaps it's time for a new adventure?

Maybe I should just get out an atlas and start having some serious thoughts. I mean, I can be a struggling writer anywhere really so it's quite a flexible career.

5 comments:

Gorilla Bananas said...

Good luck, I hope this new adventure will lead to better things.

piqued said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Topiary Cow said...

Sounds like big changes.

Cow would be rather in favor of dropping the new flatmate a word of warning just out of charity, but agrees it might be awkward to do.

Hope everything works out. Remember, Topiary Trimming is a career with future!

Moo!

Anonymous said...

Um. I know we've all been saying -- "Yeesh -- get out of there!" but did I miss a post about when you actually decided enough was enough? Did something happen before, during or after sleeping in the library?

Well, whatever, hurrah. I am sure your hobo stick will be ever so fashionable as you traipse around the world!

Louche said...

Gorilla - I have no doubts that the next big adventure is just about to take place.

Cow - Yes, but how does one say such a thing without sounding petty.

BigBouquet - It all came to a head, and now things can get better. Hurrah