Monday, July 14, 2008

How much would someone pay for your socks?


Yesterday we went for a lovely walk along the beach. It was a post lunch walk so everyone was wobbling under the weight of food and just one more cake for the road. It was a smashing day for strolling about, and my little brother played the now traditional game of silly questions as we walked.

The question that had him most stumped was one I came up with.

If you were stranded in a country where no-one spoke your language would you rather be lost with a) Your clothes but no wallet, phone or id or b)No clothes but your wallet and phone.

Debate raged over which option was better, but my brother decided that he thinks clothes and that his first move would be to sell his socks to someone and thus gain some start-up capital to begin the journey home.

I still don't know how much he thinks he would get for his socks.

4 comments:

Gorilla Bananas said...

If you were a man, you could take a banknote from your wallet and use it to cover your privates. If you had glue, you could stick a coin over each nipple.

BPP said...

I'd probably go for the wallet and phone + naked option. I'd then stride, chin held high, clopper out, damn-you look in my eyes, through the marketplace and onwards to the nearest Marks & Spencer's. If they haven't got M&S in whatever country this is, I'll just bloody-well keep walking naked until I find a country that's civilised enough to have one. That'll show Johnny Foreigner who's boss, you mark my words.

The Topiary Cow said...

One good thing about being a Topiary Cow, nobody notices whether you are naked, or have a wallet, and Topiary language is universally spoken.

Moo!

Louche said...

Gorilla - That's very inventive, I'm impressed.

BPP - That was my attitude.

Cow - Yet another reason to be a bovine.