Friday, July 25, 2008

Army Hair


I'm not entirely sure about my new haircut. I think is because it's so shockingly different. It's short, very short, could join the army short.

Almost since I moved to London I've been growing my hair. First in a office appropriate way and then once I left the dull job and joined the fun one in a roguish way. So I've had big hair for ages, and now it's gone.

I don't even look particularly foppish anymore, I mean, unless I'm wearing a cravat and a waistcoat. Good friends don't recognise me, even at close range - I can stand right next to an old chum and they still won't know who I am. One friend last night thought that I was trying to start a fight with him until I spoke and he realised I was just trying to say hello. Men don't do direct, prolonged eye contact with strangers.

The gig last night was fun, blisteringly hot but good. Stephen Merchant is very nice and extremely tall. Not much else to report really.

Right I'm off to see if my hat collection still fits.

2 comments:

Gorilla Bananas said...

What do your lady friends think of it? It might be an idea to shave yourself completely bald for your comedy act. I'm sure you could play it for laughs.

DJ Kirkby said...

Why did you get your hair cut so short? I must start catching up on your posts in reverse order so I don't have to ask questions like this...