Sunday, September 16, 2007

Second wives are bad

Well there was a cremation. It didn't feel like my dad, I wasn't involved at any point - the second wife took control. So I just saw a box in the distance, I wasn't even allowed to carry it.

Then when they read out a summation of my fathers life he didn't have any children. The second wife had re-written history so it jumped straight from him leaving school to moving to Scotland. I don't know if you have ever been written out of history but it's a deeply unsettling experience.

I'm going to do a entry about my dad when I find a good picture of him.

9 comments:

Clair said...

Dreadful woman. Will you and your siblings have a word with her about how you all feel when the dust has settled a bit?

Kopaylopa said...

That's ridiculous. And horrible. Cow.

-K

Mr Chipz said...

That's really upsetting. I'm sorry about your dad, and I'm very sorry his second wife is one of 'those'. I hope you are, on the whole, ok.

Louche said...

Well watch out she is single now so make sure you don't marry her accidentally.

Susan said...

Unbelievable. I'm very sorry about your dad.

Piqued said...

What a cunt

Everything Stops for Tea said...

I'm sorry you've had a proper shitty time of it. With hope and belief that you'll get there in the end. S

moi said...

Hey Louche

Sorry to hear about all of this horrid stuff going on with you right now.

Thought I'd check in on you... your usual eccentric rambles are so lifting... everyone's allowed down time. ;0)

It's not just 2nd wives my fathers family did the same thing at his funeral... was an uncle to many(listed individually) but no daughters at all... don't worry... what goes around comes around.

Hugs
tlsd
x

Sue said...

Wow, not sure how I got here, but yes I was written out of history too. When my second husband died last year all record of our 10 year marriage was left out of all accounts. Very unsettleing, my sympathies to you, I feel your pain.
Sue