Sunday, September 09, 2007

Fear and loathing in Maida Vale


As part of my reading by the spirits yesterday the lady kept going on about someone close to me having a drink or drugs problem. I looked slightly taken aback and then said no. T.P. likes a drink or two but it's not a problem. She said no this was definitely a problem and then we moved onto another subject.

I didn't think more about it until I left and turned my phone on, my neighbour (who I should add is a proper friend not just someone I share a postcode with) wanted me to come home right away because he was scared people were in his flat. When I got back I discovered that he hadn't slept for two days and had been snorting rather a lot of white powder and was completely fried. It took about eight hours for him to calm down and admit that while it was possible that someone was hacking into his camera phone to watch him so they could steal his stuff, it was fairly unlikely. Especially since that if some people had broken into his flat while he was asleep why didn't they take any of the massive amounts of highly portable expensive electronics he has everywhere?

He seems a bit better today after having actually slept for a while, bless.

So while I was having my reading a close friend was having a really bad situation with drugs, freaky eh?

No comments: